The innovations developed by Firestone facilities and engineers have earned prestigious certifications and awards for best-in-class quality and innovation. We strive to maintain the most efficient, highest performing facilities possible. Our manufacturing facilities are certified by some of the industry’s most stringent quality control programs, including IATF 16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001. Read more about Firestone quality certifications below.
Quality products require industry-leading research, development, and collaboration. That's why Firestone Industrial Products executes nearly 200 research projects annually, with R&D facilities in the United States, China, and The Netherlands. As part of the Bridgestone family, we also regularly collaborate with their global R&D locations.
Our products are engineered to meet the strictest standards and customer specifications, but also meet you at your point of need. If you're an Original Equipment Manufacturer, count on our engineers to work alongside you to build custom solutions for your unique vehicle performance expectations. Tell us what you need and we'll build a high-quality solution that lasts. If you're an everyday adventurer in search of air springs for your pickup, RV or semi-truck, Firestone Ride-Rite has durable solutions for you, too.
Our engineers always pursue excellence and continue to impact the innovation of integrated automotive and commercial technology through partnerships with leading associations and universities. Firestone Industrial Products is a corporate member of CLEPA, the European Automotive Supplier Association focused on aligning industry needs with the EU regulatory framework.
Buy, ride, and haul with confidence. That's a Firestone promise. Our rigorous testing, commercial grade materials and adherence to strict local and global standards are just a few of the reasons why commercial vehicle OEMS, automotive OEMs and everyday drivers around the world select Firestone as a suspension partner.
The proof is already on the pavement and has been for thousands of miles and many years. We engineer and manufacture each product to provide years and thousands of miles of trouble-free service. Firestone Air Springs have a reputation for outlasting other original equipment, like shocks and bushings, and reducing suspension fatigue and tire wear. Our proven reliability is one of many reasons we work with the top vehicle manufacturers globally.
- Patents the first pneumatic suspension device (air spring) in 1938, which provides a smoother, more constant ride.
- Airide Air Springs are trademarked in 1939.
1950's & 1960's
- In the early 1950s, after several years of intensive product development, the air-sprung bus goes into production.
- In the 1960s, Firestone Industrial Products develops the first completely sealed air spring with a crimped plate.
- Firestone also develops the cure-in end closure, which permanently cures the end enclosure for an air-tight seal.
- Production begins on rail car air springs for trains.
- Begins producing heavy-duty truck cab and seat springs.
- Operations go international, with the opening of a sales office in London and a manufacturing plant in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Develops industry-first plastic pistons to reduce overall vehicle weight.
- Firestone acquires Ride-Rite and expands its air spring portfolio to include the automotive aftermarket and RV market.
- Joins the Bridgestone family of companies.
- The ultrasonic internal height sensor is patented.
- The air spring for front air suspension is developed.
- Manufacturing plants open in Williamsburg, Kentucky and Dyersburg, Tennessee.
- Firestone Industrial Products launches the first injection-molded piston.
- Expands automotive air helper product line with Coil-Rite air helper springs.
- Introduces revolutionary air damping technology.
- The manufacturing plant in Wolsztyn, Poland opens and produces its first part.
- Beijing Firestone Air Spring, LLC starts assembly in China.
- The London sales office moves to Arnhem, The Netherlands and is expanded to include a technical center.
- The Costa Rica manufacturing plant opens.
- World headquarters moves from Indianapolis, Indiana to Nashville, Tennessee.
- The first-ever fully integrated intelligent air spring sensor is unveiled.
- Recognized with a Global Media Award at the 2018 SEMA Show for the Firestone Ride-Rite™ Air Command wireless kit app.
- Intelligent air spring sensor earns third place in the components category of the IAA Trailer Innovation 2019 awards.
LET'S BUILD A SOLUTION TOGETHER
We're here to help. With manufacturing plants and sales support teams located on multiple continents, we're globally positioned to meet the needs of vehicle manufacturers, suspension manufacturers, distributors and their customers. Submit a contact form to learn more.