You have of store credit. To use it, simply place your order and you will be able to choose store credit as the payment method when it comes time to pay for your order.
DPS S480 TWIN TURBO FOR CUMMINS 5.9L 1994 - 1998 (COMPOUNDS)
DPS S480 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBOS FOR 5.9 l CUMMINS 1994 - 1998
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN ALL DIESEL POWER SOURCE 62mm AND 64mm TURBOS
64/71/12 over S480 Turbocharger (80mm Billet Milled Wheel)
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install
Click here to select the correct setup for you: https://www.dieselpowersource.com/compound-turbo-kits-twins-diesel-performance-twin-kit
This compound kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines, except for 12V engines that have only one oil drain port.
- Comes with a 4” Exhaust Downpipe for 1994-2002 trucks.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity.
- An option of adding a built-in external wastegate ($300 additional).
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in, which won’t crack like welded pipes do.
- Flexible Steel Braided Oil Supply lines.
- Flexible Stainless Steel Oil Drain lines.
- DPS 64mm Turbo (small turbo).
- S480 Borg Warner (S400 with 80mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Other upgrade options (Upgrade options include increasing the S480 turbo up to an S483, call for pricing, or increasing the turbine wheel size of the small turbo to 71mm).
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure, which can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with a single turbo, drive pressure is typically about double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range, the best choice for 5.9 cummins performance
Specifically tuned for 350 to 800 horsepower applications.
This twin turbo 5.9 cummins Kit was designed on CAD Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory.
Head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 45 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 60 psi. This system is capable of over 70 psi, but is adjustable to below 65 psi, depending on truck.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS 64 Turbo (small turbo, 64/65/12, formerly Dtech),1-S480 Turbo (large turbo 80mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S480 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
** Most S300 and S400 turbos can be used in this kit.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!